home mise tips events recipes photography

Sunday, September 29, 2013

French Press Coffee


French Press Coffee

 


I do love a good cup of coffee.  I’m the first to admit though, that first thing in the morning, I just want to chug down some quick caffeine and get my day going.  At those times, I’m not doing designer coffee; I’m not adding extra calories with cream and sugar, it’s just pure unadulterated caffeine.  I’m actually trying to cut down a bit.
I own a French Press, and it’s bright Red!  I love colorful items, and it makes my heart happy.  I recently was able to demonstrate how easy and thoughtful making coffee in a French Press can be.  It’s not difficult.  It takes a bit of time, and there is a feeling of ritual.  Slows down the mind, body, and soul, and let’s you relax and be in the moment.  I need to do more of this.
Today, most coffee’s will tell you what the proper brew temperature and time is on the package, and they do lots of testing and research, so I try to follow the package.




Simply scoop the rough ground coffee of your choice into the bottom of your French Press. 
Add the water;
Stir with a wooden spoon

 



Cover

 

Let set for about 5 minutes

 



P

Press the plunger down slowly



Pour a great cup of coffee

 


Relax.

 

That’s it.

 

I have to start doing this more often

 

Enjoy your coffee today!  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment