home mise tips events recipes photography

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Autumn Stew


Autumn Stew

Just a quick recipe, sorry no pictures, I’ll try and get some for you. 

I had my opening night at the Culinary Classroom on Thursday Night – and I love to give my guest something to eat, in line with the curriculum for the class. 

This class was all about Sunday Dinner w/ Grandmas.

Fried chicken, pot roast, home made biscuits and crème Brulee – I know your grandma probably didn’t make crème Brulee, but I know she made pudding from scratch, not from a box!  At least mine did!

 

I made a warm and inviting Autumn Stew with pork tenderloin pieces, apples, Craisins, cider and more.  This time I served it over jasmine rice, but you could serve this over noodles, or just as it was, with a side of mashed potatoes or squash, which are at the markets right now!.  It’s a one pot meal (except for the rice) and is easy, can be done in about 30 minutes if you cut your pork, apples, and everything up fairly small.  Give it a try, I promise pictures sometime soon!

Autumn Stew

 

 4
Celery Stalks diced
3
Whole Carrots diced
1
Spanish Onion diced
2 TBS
TBS EVOO
 
Flour as needed for dredging
1
Pork Tenderloin
4
Mac or Granny Smith Apples-diced
4
Sprigs Thyme
1
Bay Leaf
 
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 ½ cups
Apple Cider
4 Cups
Chick Stock
1 Handfull
Craisins (about cup – cup ½)

 

 

Cut pork tenderloin into bite sized pieces, about 1 inch x 1 inch

Dredge pieces in seasoned flour

Heat approximately 1 TBS of EVOO in a heavy duty Dutch oven, and brown pork.  Remove from pan.  Heat remaining oil and add onion, celery and thyme and cook until tender.  Add Apples and Cider, and stir, making sure that you do not burn the bottom of the pan.  Add Craisins and pork and cook until the pork is fork tender (simmering approximately 20 minutes)

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment