home mise tips events recipes photography

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chocolate Pomegranate Pistachio Bar


Chocolate Pistachio Pomegranate bar

 

I’m teaching a Valentine’s class tomorrow, and I love to give my guest a little something to remember me.  This time it’s a chocolate bar.  I was wondering how I would get the time to make truffles, and remembered how easy it was to make chocolate flavored bars.

 

I used about 2 pounds of chocolate chips, melted them down, and spread them on a Silpat, a special baking sheet, but you can use parchment paper or wax paper.  I then spread this wonderfully delicious Gluten Free nut blend snack that I had found with Pomegranate, pistachios, almonds, cherries and black pepper.  I smoothed it out, pressed the nut mixture in and let it set back up again over night.


 

Then, I broke it into pieces to package it up in these cute Chinese take out boxes that I have.

 

I bet that you wish you were in my class!  Maybe I’ll see you next year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment