home mise tips events recipes photography

Friday, December 6, 2013

Julienne Raw Brussels Sprout Salad


Julienne Raw Brussels Sprout Salad

 




I’m not sure where I got this idea, but it wasn’t original.  It might’ve been a professional chef magazine, or one of my “I’m in love with food” magazines, but I did make it my own.

 

I love Brussels Sprouts, roasted and crunchy, not the “I’ve cooked these in water until they are mush” kind.  I’m a vegetable snob, ask my husband and he’ll let you know, I’ll return a dish to the kitchen, if my veggies are icky! 

I tried to use a small slicer to julienne the sprouts, but gave up and used a knife instead. 

 





Dressing

1 tbs good grained mustard
3 tablespoons honey
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup to ¾ cup EVOO
Salt and pepper to taste


Whisk all the ingredients together.  Yes this is too much for one salad, but it’ll keep for a few days in the refrigerator!

 

Now for the salad!

1 serving as a vegetarian entrée!
2 cups Brussels sprouts (clean) – julienne or chopped fine – raw
1 cup spinach – julienne
1/4 cup black beans
¼ cup almonds
½ small avocado – diced or smashed however you like it
2 tbs pomegranate arils (that’s seeds!)
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
Feta Cheese crumbles to taste (this is an afterthought – I think it would be wonderful on my salad!)
 

Toss together, and enough dressing to coat, but not drench and enjoy

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment